Hasta el 10 de septiembre de 2014 se encuentra abierta la convocatoria para la posición de empleo como Líder de Investigación en Género e Igualdad Social en el Programa de Investigación en Cambio Climático, Agricultura y Seguridad Alimentaria (CCAFS)
Gender and Social Inequality Research Leader
The CGIAR Research Program on Climate Change, Agriculture and Food Security (CCAFS) is a strategic partnership of CGIAR and Future Earth, led by the International Center for Tropical Agriculture (CIAT). CCAFS brings together the world’s best researchers in agricultural science, development research, climate science and earth system science, to identify and address the most important interactions, synergies and trade-offs between climate change, agriculture and food security.
A coordination team for CCAFS is located in Copenhagen, Denmark, and Cali, Colombia, and regional program leaders are based in Cali, Bamako, Nairobi, Delhi and Hanoi, with CCAFS project participantsbased in many other countries.
The Research Leader on Gender and Social Inequality will coordinate work across all of CCAFS Regions and Themes. The incumbent will provide expert input on gender and social inequality to diverse teams and stakeholders, and will work with gender specialists in most of the 15 CGIAR Centers as well as in partner organisations. The successful applicant will be expected to publish research results in top social science and interdisciplinary journals, as well as lead the effort to make strong gender and social inequality-related contributions to CCAFS outcomes and impacts on food security, poverty reduction, adaptive capacity and emissions reductions. The aim is to develop gender-sensitive, equitable and sustainable approaches to agriculture under climate change, render them accessible to women and men farmers, and, most importantly, to empower women and marginal social groups.
* Lead research on gender and social inequality across CCAFS
* Implementing, updating and reporting on the CCAFS gender strategy.
* Implementing strategic and applied research activities related to gender and social inequality.
* Providing technical assistance to collaborators and partners on integrating and mainstreaming gender and social inequality into R&D programs
* Building quality partnerships with institutions working on gender.
* Participating in planning and review of activities and priorities within CCAFS.
* Supporting the application and monitoring of gender and social inequality indicators for CCAFS outcomes.
* Contributing to mobilization of resources in support of the gender and social inequality research agenda of CCAFS.
* Contribute to program monitoring and evaluation using gender and social inequality
* Ph.D. in Rural Sociology, Sociology, Anthropology, Agricultural Economics, Economics, Social Geography, or any other relevant discipline.
* Strong experience, demonstrated leadership skills and facilitation skills in providing support for research and development (R&D) implementation, contributing research on gender and social inequality applied to agriculture, natural resource management or rural development.
* Strong strategic and applied social science research knowledge and skills, as well programming and project development skills.
* Work experience in Asia, Africa and/or Latin America
* Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
* Ability to work effectively in multi-disciplinary teams.
* Willingness to travel extensively.
Further information: http://ccafs.cgiar.org/sites/default/files/files/CCAFS%20Gender%20Coordinator%20position.pdf